Sunday, March 20, 2016

Is the God of the Bible Omnipotent

According to dictonary.com




Omnipotent when used as adjective
1. almighty or infinite in power, as God. 
 
2. having very great or unlimited authority or power. 


However, Is the God of The bible:

I will start with the question Is God all knowing?

Let me begin with Genesis. God creates two trees the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Then God creates man (Adam) and then God creates Eve out of Adam and she becomes a woman. According to the Bible, God creates a serpent that He allows into the Garden. Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made, And he said to the woman, So the serpent was allowed into the garden as well. I will call the serpent the Maniac. Here is my question, If God knew that the serpent would tempt Eve into eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil making them fall, then why would he have let it allow to happen in the first place. 

A paradox is similar to this situation. The question is If you create a time machine, go back in time before you created the time machine while taking a gun with you and kill your past self, would you ever have created the time machine to go back in time to kill yourself? 

Maybe God is not all knowing, Maybe here in the garden, he was over confident in his children thinking they would not disobey Him. But this makes it seem that God did know that Adam disobeyed Him. Starting in Genesis 10: So [Adam] said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, and I hid myself.” And [God] said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?” Adam never said that he ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Somehow here God already knew what Adam and Eve did. Notice how God talks to Adam in the form of a question. God did not say Why have you eaten from the tree which I commanded you not to. 



All Seeing
All Hearing 
All Powerful 

or is God none of those things...?

find out on my next post of Mysteries of The Bible

Works Cited 
The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment